Careers at spChips
Software/Firmware Engineers (all levels: entry level to Principle Engineers)
As a Software/Firmware Engineer for the WLAN Firmware and Software
Engineering group at spChips, Inc., he/she will be responsible for defining and
developing firmware development on WLAN Sensor SoC products ranging from Sensors
to information devices for Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem. She/he will work
in a team to meet scheduled deadlines and efficiently use the development
processes, tools, and development techniques required in a multi-product,
The Engineer should be energetic and enthusiastic and excited about wireless networking, network protocols and working closely with hardware.
- The SW/FW Engineer will be involved in low level hardware bring-up and debugging of the firmware and network drivers for Linux/MacOS
- He/She will develop the latest WLAN / Bluetooth Smart protocols. - Strong C programming skills necessary
- Solid experience in wireless protocols, systems analysis, and underlying PHY and MAC, Linux internals such as device drivers, networking interfaces, QoS and the TCP/IP stack. Working for embedded domain
- Knowledge of how to create small footprint embedded programs in a real-time, fast response , low powered operating environment.
- Must have mastered the RTOS fundamentals, interrelationships between DMA engines, interrupts, Interrupt Handling, Global Interrupt Handling, Memory Virtualization, user/kernel space, race conditions and perimeter locking.
- A strong knowledge of kernel configuration and build, packaging, install and initial system bring up including boot loading is also necessary.
- Experience in taking part of software system architecture.
- Knowledge in processor architecture and assembly language.
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces like SPI, USB and I2C
- JTAG and IDE debugging techniques.
- Must have good communications skills and quick learning capability, willing to be involved in development efforts with our direct customers, helping in their design, development and debugging phases.
- Understanding of state of the art FW development and test processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to create a comprehensive project plan, track it, and deliver to the plan
- Minimum of 3 years FW development experience
- Experience with complex codebases
- Experience working across teams, other disciplines, and departments
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD. Entry level to multiple years of experience required
3129 Tiger Run Court, Suite 113
Carlsbad, CA 92010
Tel: (760) 585 9930