Careers at spChips
RFIC/Analog IC Design Engineers (all levels: entry level to Principle Engineers)
As an RF/Analog IC Design Engineer at spChips, Inc., he/she will be responsible for implementing CMOS transceiver from specification to architectural and circuit blocks design. He/she will work in a team to meet scheduled deadlines, performing simulation and participate in layout and testing of the transceiver IC.
- Need to have basic knowledge about communication systems
- Need to have knowledge about tradeoffs among various transceiver architectures
- Solid understanding in RF system design and tradeoffs
- Solid understanding and design experience in RFIC such as LNA, mixer, PA, VCO, Integer/Fractional N PLL/frequency synthesizer in CMOS
- Solid understanding and design experience in Analog IC such as various types of data converters (ADC/DAC, Nyquist and Oversampled), PGA, Filters (continuous/discrete time), and power management circuit such as LDO and DC/DC in CMOS
- Must have basic IC layout skill and can work with custom IC layout designer in floor planning, running LVS/DRC and perform parasitic extraction for post layout simulation.
- Test/debugging knowledge to devise test plan and design for testability.
- Behavior modeling using Matlab/Simulink or VerilogA for analog/RF systems or blocks
- Masters/PhD from entry level to multiple years of experience required
3129 Tiger Run Court, Suite 113
Carlsbad, CA 92010
Tel: (760) 585 9930