Careers at spChips
Digital ASIC/FPGA Engineering (all levels: entry level to Principle Engineers)
AThe candidate will be participating in
writing RTL code for designing and implementing
Medium Access Control (MAC), Modem and CPU
subsystem and interfaces to enable next
generation ultra low power self-powered silicon
on chip (SoC).The candidate will determine
technical requirements, propose, analyze, and
select solutions, create specifications, and
work with others to implement new products based
on Bluetooth Smart Wireless Sensors. The scope
of the technology will encompass CPU subsystems,
MAC layer, PHY and but will also require
excellent understanding of interfaces at the MAC
and PHY and MAC and RF layers. This individual
should have Strong experience in embedded
hardware design, development and debugging, RTOS
experience, and familiar with various wireless
communication systems and protocols, such as
Bluetooth MAC protocols. In addition to the
above mentioned skills, the candidate is
required to perform simulation using rtl
simulation, synthesis, lint, timing analysis,
logic equivalent checking, area and power
analysis and other design related tasks in ASIC
This position requires good hands on experience that include:
- Support of architecture and low-level hardware questions and issues.
- Analyze system performance, internal architectures and requirements.
- Perform lab testing of ICs and FPGA prototypes.
- Perform chip validation, board debugging and bring up.
- Provide support for investigations of internal and customer-reported issues.
- Schematic and board layout design reviews.
- The candidate will investigate and develop new circuit techniques for CMOS logic or memory circuits to enable low-voltage, energy-efficient design.
- The job may also include:
- Circuit design of standard cells
- Verification of functionality, performance, and power of developed circuits
- Conducting power-performance-area design evaluations
- Good overview of WLAN/ Bluetooth
- Good RTL/Verilog programming
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as hands-on lab debugging skills.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Programming with Embedded ARM/8051 processors
- Implementation of communication system/protocols such as Bluetooth, NFC, USB 2.0, UART, SPI, I2C, JTAG, etc.
- High level synthesis
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills and ability to excel in team environment
- Simulation experience in Octave/Matlab/NS2/ OPNET/OMNET is a plus
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in EE/CS with excellent embedded design skills. Entry level to multiple years of experience required.
3129 Tiger Run Court, Suite 113
Carlsbad, CA 92010
Tel: (760) 585 9930